Did you know
- Brisbane City Council spends more than $5 million each year on weed management.
- About 10 new exotic plant species establish each year.
- Most (66%) environmental weeds have been introduced as garden ornamentals.
- Four out of 10 native plant species are at risk from weeds.
- Brisbane hosts over 400 invasive weed species.
- After land clearing, weeds are the second biggest threat to biodiversity.
Help Council wipe out weeds!
- Choose native or non-invasive plants when planting in your garden.
- Use this tool to identify weeds in your yard and plan to remove and replace with native alternatives.
- Consider volunteering with your local catchment or Habitat Brisbane group to help control weeds in your local area.